This recipe is courtesy of Gousto
Gousto recommended serving for this recipe is good for 2 people but it’s actually generous and will stretch up to 3-4 people.
- 1 onion
- 150g fragrant basmati rice
- 30g sultanas
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp rich tomato sauce
- 200g British lamb mince
- 120g organic natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 80g fine green beans
- Peel & dice the onion
- Heat a non stick pan and put 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil over high heat. Once hot, add the onion, curry powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes until soften
- Cut the green beans in half
- Add the lamb mince to the pan. Cook for 2 min, breaking it up with spoon. Crumble in the chicken stock cube and add tomato paste.
- Cook for further 2 min or until lamb is starting to caramelise. Stir in the basmati rice.
- Add 350ml (700ml) cold water to the pan and bring to boil. Add the green beans and sultanas. Cover with lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 min or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Once cooked, taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed. This is your lamb biryani. Tip: add a little water if the rice is not cooked or the mixture is too dry.
- Serve the lamb biryani with a dollop of natural yoghurt on top. Enjoy!
Gousto would be happy to offer an exclusive offer: £20 discount on each of 1st and 2nd Gousto orders, on any sized box, meaning the 1st & 2nd boxes could cost £7.49 each. The discount code to share is TORNADO