I wanted to share with you one of our native food from the Philippines which is called bibingka. This is a sweet food that made with glutinous rice and coconut milk but since I don’t have a complete ingredients I just try to recreate it. I have learned this through my sister inlaw who loves cooking.
- Glutinous rice
- Coconut Milk
- Condensed milk as a substitute to sugar and to caramelised it on top
- Banana leaf ( you can buy it from the Asian shop )
- Coconut string (optional )
- Mix coconut milk and condensed milk to the glutinous rice and mix it.
- Put some oil on the banana leaf to avoid sticking
- Put the mixture on it and put it in the oven for 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes you can see when it’s cook.
- When it’s nearly cook add condensed milk on top to caramelised it then put it back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes till it gets brown
- Once cook take it out and you can eat it while it’s warm or when it has cool down.
- This is what it looks like if you add it with coconut string. Enjoy!