This month’s DIY blog challenge was flower theme. I really struggled to come up with something, I found several ideas on Pinterest which I wanted to try but was finding it hard to locate the supplies (they all needed secondhand items and I just couldn’t find them!)
I thought I was going to have to pull out this month when I suddenly remembered I had started some crochet flowers months ago and never used them for anything.
I had been trialling a free pattern (available here) so see how hard it was and honestly it is a really easy pattern to get the hang of. I have tried to do a video of the pattern but my phone deleted it!!
Next I had to decide what to make with the flowers, my search on Pinterest has come up with a few options: a blanket, a bag, a scarf, a cushion cover. I decided since my friend has recently had a baby that I would turn mine into a baby prom blanket. I used 65 flowers in rows of 6 and 7, it could probably do with being a bit bigger but I ran out of time. There are some big gaps, which could trap baby fingers, so I am probably going to attached it to a preloved baby blanket, if I can find one the right size.
I just love how pretty these are and they are so easy to make, if it does take quite a long time to make all the flowers, sew in all the ends and join it all together!!