If you follow us on Facebook you may have seen that last weekend I was up at the London Design Fair with my “official” job at Newlife Paints. We were part of a stand share organised by Blue Patch which is a not for profit organisation which offers a Sustainable marketplace for UK design, ethical fashion, eco-furniture, green gifts, organic & fair trade food. I wanted to have a quick explanation of the different companies which were on our stand since they have all worked so hard to get where they are:
- Reborn paints; of course I’m going to start with our own company! We offer recycled paint, for interior walls and ceilings.
- Bruce Aitken; Bruce makes these most amazing wooden clocks (from locally sourced hardwood) which have no hidden batteries or motors.
- Lisa Watson; Lisa makes stunning 109% British made quilts, blankets and cushions.
- AFID Designs; Michael makes bespoke furniture focusing on innovative, functional forms, produced with quality sustainable materials, subtle detailing and fine finishes.
- Copper Dust; Vanessa makes bespoke lampshades in fantastic designs which are a mixture of eclectic British and African culture
- Fable and Base; produces luxury, bespoke, sustainable fabric available by the metre. Hand printed onto luxurious natural materials.
- Denby Pottery; natural materials, handmade and British pottery.
- Studio Perki; Ben designs and makes these amazing flatpack furtniture, they are all high quality and space saving.
- Fleetwood Fox; make gorgeous thick rugs from 100% hard wearing wool.
We are so proud to be a part of Blue Patch, such an amazing bunch of businesses, with sustainable British design at their core.
Do check out Blue Patch and the companies who are in their cooperation. Next time you are having a change around at home, consider the sustainable option it doesn’t have to cost The Earth 🌏 <<