Ok we all know about “man flu”, how at the smallest sniffle the guys are meant to lie on the sofa in a grumbling, feeling sorry for themselves mess (which just for the record my hubby doesn’t do this, he is actually pretty female in his reaction to a cold) so let me explain the mummy cold: no staying in bed late, no sitting on the sofa watching to all day and no rest, we have to suck it up and get on with it. The school run must still be done, everyone still needs feeding and the housework will only go a few hours without being done.
What an amazing time for Coldzyme to send me their product which prevents the common cold (if you start using it soon enough) or shortens the duration of your cold. It is a mouth spray, 2 squirts to the back of the throat (it doesn’t taste terrible actually) which apparently coats the lining of the throat and acts as a barrier preventing the cold virus from being with the human cells.
Unfortunately I think I got the sample too late to help me with this cold so I’ve asked my fellow blogger how they treat their colds:
- Sophia from Tattooed Tealady suggests boiled water with ginger, lemon and honey. Which sounds lush to me!
- Laura from five little doves suggests Vicks on the feet with socks over. I’ve tried this before and it never works for me but does for the kids, weird!
- Sinead suggests Chai Tea, not something I’ve tried, but apparently is full of cold busting spices.
- I love the idea of this Elderberry cough syrup from bluebearwood
- Alice from Living with a Jude recommends rooibos, peppermint or ginger tea and a steaming bowl with peppermint in to clear the sinuses.
I shall report back as to whether the Coldzyme helps clear it quickly, but in the mean time I will go rest and recuperate!
*coldzyme was provided free for trial, but I was not required to write about it I chose to of my own doing.