It is coming up to World Environment Day which is on 5th June and it’s approaching plastic free July and this year the topic is plastic pollution, with a global game of tag! So who’s ready to play?!
How to Play
There has been a number of documentaries and articles in magazines about the problem of plastic lately. We are a wasteful generation and the number of single use plastics seems to be increasing, we need to switch to reusables or alternatives. I have posted previously about some switches to make your life a bit greener Join us in this global game of tag by sharing photos of your reusables to help #beatplasticpollution Let’s play!
All games have rules
These ones are very simple…
1. Take a photo of between 1- 3 reusable items that you personally have switched to, in order to help tackle plastic pollution.
2. Caption your photo with a short message to raise awareness.
3. Also include your top tip for beating plastic pollution.
4. Share your photo and caption, along with your top tip, tagging at least three other people.
5. Please also link back to me in your blog post and tag me on social media, thank you!
My plastic free item is:
Washable sanitary towels; although this sounds a bit horrid to wash your own sanitary towels but I actually prefer them.
We also used washable nappies on the kids. Every plastic nappy takes over 500 years to biodegrade, if Henry the 8th has used plastic nappies they would still be around today!
Worth looking into guys, at only a few £ for each towel/nappy it only takes a couple of uses to make it worth its money and start saving you money! Better for the pocket and better for the bottom.
I was tagged by Living Life Our Way and I am tagging the following blogger: